Wednesday 2 October 2013


24th September to 2nd October

Life continuing in similar manner now so blogging will just be the pertinent bits with some pictures. I have started meeting Sophie (cyclist) and Simone, a Dutch lady from Holland to speak French and try and move things along with it. We meet in the lovely square, have a coffee or two and just chat, probably not enough in French as we should. Managed a few cycles, to Le Tour and up above Les Houches on the way back towards St Gervais. Great work out that one. Dave cycled to Sallanches yesterday in search of the elusive boards, to no avail. He was exhausted!!! Think it was about 70km and a few good hills. Couple of walks up behind us too have been nice, though the tracks get a bit thin and steep leading to about turns.

I continue to pick up bits of work off Chamsocial cleaning an apartment and such. Missed out on doing some weeding one day, which would have been good as a lovely day, but got contact for next time needed. Explained my vast knowledge with being an ex allotment owner. Then yesterday I got a job at Crystal tour operators. Megan (cyclist) put in a word for me, went and had a look and there will be 20 hours a month going for the whole time till we leave. Evening work too which is when we find ourselves at a bit of a loose end, and won't clash with the cleaning work in the winter. So hopefully will start that on return. Need to sign to the French system for it, not sure how to do that but hopefully the finance team will guide me, and not quite sure how much I am to be paid but obviously quite a bit more than 17.50 euros I quoted as my 'going rate'!!!! (I was quite sheepish when I said the figure but obviously us the lower range of going rate)

Off to UK tomorrow and a packed itinerary of catch up, visiting the houses and newborn(ish) babies, replenishing stocks and then back in 9 days time. Work to look forward to, hopefully, and French classes which are promising to become a bit more sociable with drink involved I think, nice to meet kindred spirits :-)









View from local!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment