Tuesday 24 September 2013


September 21st to 23rd

Weather continues to improve. pottering around in the morning on Saturday sussing out market for potential for dave. Checked out pool and then went to library, joined and immediately got scrabble out. Librarian explained to me that scoring different on french scrabble which may be why when we last played it, it was a French version!!!! I thought I should have cruised that one and then lost. Wasn't able to use this as leverage for league though. Anyway tried to remember English scoring and played where we  played and then wrote down french words to try and use it as a lesson in French, long game!!!! I won.

Sunday I headed out for a bit of a cycle and then bumped into some young English girls (and I mean half my age), Sophie and Megan, and tagged along with them on what I thought was an average Sunday cycle. OMG ended up doing a climb of 1000metres in 11km to a beautiful spot Lac de Emesson. This has the steepest funicular railway access in the world, that's how steep it was!!!!! 60km in total. Felt amazing once back in Chamonix. Hopefully might have some work coming from contact with Megan.

Monday Dave went out to do some e-mailing etc for work and I went for a walk up above Chamonix. Stunning. Then by chance while checking Chamsocial noticed 3 hours work for the afternoon. Got it helping to unload car, cleaning windows (which they have never seen as clean, thanks H!!!) and packing stuff away. If can continue to get bits and pieces (another job on Wed) will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment